Admissions for Foreign Students
We invite foreign students to attend this university, and benefit from the high-quality education and comfortable environment.
Foreign students wishing to apply for this university are required to fulfill the following criteria:
- to have a nationality other than Japanese, and have (or is expected to have) the status of 'student' as stipulated by the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
- to have completed (or expected to complete) 12 years of primary and secondary education in her country of origin.
- to be between the ages of 18 and 24.
- to be able to verify how the student will pay tuition fees and living costs during her stay in Japan. (It is also desirable that she have an acquaintance with whom the university can make contact in time of emergency)
- to have passed N1 in the Japanese Language Proficiency Test or have a score of 250 or higher in EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students) if applying for the Faculty of Home Economics. Or, if applying for the Faculty of Cultural Development, to have passed N2 in the Japanese Language Proficiency Test or have a score of 220 or higher in EJU. Submission of language proficiency scores will not be required should the prospective student sit for a "designated schools admission" place.
Applicants should realize that results for Japanese proficiency should be current; that is, they should be within two years of the date of application. Similarly, EJU results should be current up until 2 tests previous.
Admission and Tuition Fees
An examination fee of 30,000JPY will be sort for prospective students applying to the university.
General annual fees are as follows:
|Admission (due at entrance into university)||340,000|
|Tuition Fee (annual fee, payable in installments)||710,000|
|Facility Fee (annual cost, payable in installments)||250,000|
Additional annual fees specific to area of study are as follows:
|Experiments, etc. (Department of Health & Nutrition)||70,000|
|Experiments, etc. (Department of Home & Life Sciences)||50,000|
|Practicum, etc. (Faculty of Cultural Development)||30,000|
|PTA (Sugi-no-mi Kai) Fee (Fee of 30,000 JPY for 4 years
to be paid at the start of the 1st year)